August 14, 2021
Would you look at that! Another episode! Herein we talk about 11th anniversary (as a couple, not of the podcast) and share our experience of our stay in one of the most beautiful spots on the Pacific Coast of California.
Note: There was some random RF interference in a couple spots that I couldn't seem to isolate and edit out. I apologize in advance for that.
January 25, 2021
The latest installment (recorded 4 months ago) of the continuing saga of Drinking and Talking! Special thanks to our listener and Discord pal Lorelei (Lori) for the questions.
Editor's Note: the new recording equipment was super sensitive to any breeze and so on a few parts, the sound of the wind on the microphone obscures the talking. Sorry 'bout dat.
October 9, 2020
Hello! It has been a long time. Global pandemics can suck it. Anyway, welcome to the 11th installment of the Drinks and Talks series of our podcast. Instead of giving you a long list of bullet points that list random things that are said in the podcast, I'll just give you the highlights.
In this episode, we talk about Valentine's Day, gardening, our dogs, beer, future podcast segment ideas, geography, culture, age, memory, and metric prefixes. Then, after we give the contact information, which should signal the end of the podcast, we keep rambling for another 15 minutes or so about social media and my old roommate.
January 22, 2020
The Tenth Fit - Festivals!
- Welcome to Episode 10 of Drinks and Talks!
- Happy Anniversary?
- Happy New Season?
- It’s October 13th, 2019 in Studio B
- Drunks in the park singing?
- Went to an event today
- We were tasting some not-so-great wines
- Riverbank Cheese and Wine Exposition 2019
- It got started a long time ago, not sure when
- We’re guessing it’s because of cheese that used to be made in downtown Riverbank
- Now it is a street fair that is free
- No kids means we’re going drinking!
- We got a deal on the tickets – seemed like an error
- We carefully avoided people that we don’t want to see
- Side track about #ModestoFamous people
- The wines were… not… good.
- Ten bucks is ten bucks, right?
- Who does pepper jack cheese at a wine tasting? There’s a purpose to cheese at wine tasting!
- The actual cheese booth inside was awesome, though!
- Olive oil tasting was taking way too long, so we skipped out on that.
- IPA, IPA, IPA, Pale Ale, and then a Red…
- Got some deep fried, fair food.
- The music though…
- All the hits, the hits, the hits!
- And the cover band…
- And then we left!
- Support the local…
- In a few decades, the retirement homes will have a lot of faded tattoos.
- Syd rants about tattoos.
- For a long time
- More to say about street festivals and faires.
- Castroville Artichoke Festival was good because it had a theme
- Riverbank Cheese and Wine Exposition however…
- Expensive Beer
- Same vendors year after year selling the same stuff
- HVAC and Water Softener booths
- …but the people…
- Why do they want to pay $5 or more a beer, cheap beer, to walk around downtown?
- More specifically, why do they keep doing it?
- What is it? Why do they do it?
- Basically, Syd doesn’t understand people.
- He needs the listeners to explain people to him.
- Security at the event.
- There were rooftop security people.
- Sheriff carrying a heavy rifle inside the wine tasting area.
- Some had horses!
- Syd talks about being in Mexico when he was in college.
- Beer Break!!!
- Samuel Smith’s Taddy Porter
- Discussion about beer styles
- Especially German and English
- Discord post backfires on me…
- The shed is coming along nicely.
- Charles jumps into Syd’s lap onto the microphone.
- Bowie’s chair
- Syd makes roofing decisions on the podcast.
- Not a blue tarp and bungee cords
- We apparently did not decide to paint it green
- Two nights in a row podcasting.
- We talk about the possibility of getting all of Goth Rock Song Challenge by the end of the year
- Spoiler: it didn’t happen
- Should we have guest podcasters to comment on our song challenge?
- The future of Studio B
- Spoiler: we want an enclosed porch/sun room
- Anything could happen!
- Syd can’t win the lottery, though
- Would we move to Washington if we won the lottery?
- Maybe if we won a net of $4 or $5 million
- But not like Spokane, there’s too much snow
- It’s been a year since we’ve been in the Pacific Northwest
- Coco announces her new hairstyle
- Spoiler: She shaved her head
- Syd plays the “old man” card
- And people get confused by the fact that he’s an old man
- He’s basically like a person in Nepal
- Spoiler: Thompson-Hysell Engineering isn’t around any more
- Syd’s co-worker shared some music thing with Syd at work
- And Syd had no clue.
- But it was kinda neat.
- Basically, Syd doesn’t know what is popular
- Back to the topic at hand, Coco and Ron Howard both have no hair
- Well, Coco has some still because it was clippers
- Sigourney Weaver doesn’t have anything on Coco!
- Coco doesn’t want to talk about her hair
- Syd feels he’s been dominating the conversation
- She shaved her head in solidarity with her Grandma who has cancer
- Charlie’s breath smells like a sewer
- Charlie needs a deep cleaning
- Podcast got dark and serious
- Joo Janta 200 Peril-Sensitive Super Chromatics!
- International Towel Day
- What is a towel that size called?
- She’s keeping it shaved only for a bit. Even though she has a great shaped head.
- Phrenology – a brief discussion
- Syd is trying to look up a picture on his phone while he is recording an AUDIO PODCAST
- Syd reads a list of very long and complex words that probably have fallen out of use
- Hope? Hope. Hm.
- There are 36 items on the list. This is absurd.
- What did we learn today?
- We aren’t going back to Cheese and Wine Exposition tasting
- It’s always been the Cheese and Wine Exposition
- But the glasses say Cheese and Wine Festival
- We learned about
- Syd doesn’t know anything about current pop culture
- And he’s a bad geek
- Star Trek stuff
- We need to win the lottery to hire other people to do the things we need to do so we have time to be better geeks.
- Coco makes a board game pun
- Cooking and canning are a creative outlet
- Creativeness? Creativewise? Creativisity?
- Podcasting is a creative outlet.
- Something is dying… not sure what it is.
- Wrapping it up. Maybe.
- Contact information
- Syd kills the bug and doesn’t cut it out.
- And that’s it!
Special Thanks to Nile of Juno’s Circus for our awesome theme music!
October 29, 2019
Goth Rock 1
- Syd is totes loud, Coco has a drawl, and Bowie squeaks!
- Coco sings something very not goth
- Bowie continues to squeak while Syd drinks his beer
- Techno House™ plays goth-ish music
- It’s the 12th of October
- Go to YouTube channel for the Goth Rock Playlist
- Coco’s List
- Lips Like Sugar – Echo And The Bunnymen
- She Sells Sanctuary – The Cult
- Burn – The Cure
- Love Like Blood – The Killing Joke
- A Strange Kind Of Love – Peter Murphy
- Day Of The Lords – Joy Division
- Dance With Me – Lords Of The New Church
- Sanity Assassin – Bauhaus
- White Chalk – PJ Harvey
- Father’s Grave – Melissa Auf Du Mar
- Old Age – Hole
- Hyacinth House – The Doors
- After All – David Bowie
- In Dulce Decorum – The Damned
- Israel – Siouxsie And The Banshees
- Romeo’s Distress – Christian Death
- Syd wonders if his list will stand up to Coco’s
- Pause for pee break
- A little talk about handling…
- Commentary on Coco’s list
- We say that we will be recording all of the Song Challenge by the end of October
- Editor’s Note: I’m editing the episode on the 29th…
- Syd’s List
- Halloween – The Misfits
- All Cats Are Grey – The Cure
- Christian Says – Tones On Tail
- Shadow Of Love – The Damned
- Dead Souls – Joy Division
- Prayer – Christian Death
- Sanctum Sanctorum – The Damned
- Spellbound – Siouxsie And The Banshees
- Metal Postcard – Siouxsie And The Banshees
- Swimming Horses – Siouxsie And The Banshees
- Down In The Park – Tubeway Army
- Dominion/Mother Russia – Sisters Of Mercy
- Dark Entries – Bauhaus
- Atmosphere – Joy Division
- My Heart, Your Hands – Dommin
- Swing The Heartache – Bauhaus
- Who won Season 1 – 80’s New Wave?
- (It was Sweet Dreams – Eurythmics)
- Coco wants to sneak in Laura Branigan
- Deep In The Dark had a kinda-creepy video
- We are goth at heart!
- And goth is inclusive
- Coco has a whole thing to say about goth
- Syd talks about his history in the local “goth scene”
- And then gets very serious about how death is for everyone
- …he’s so goth…
- We are not a grammar podcast, we are a music podcast.
- Our next episode will be about drinking wine and eating cheese
- Contact Information
- And that’s it!
Special thanks to Nile Raven of Juno's Circus for the amazing theme music. I keep forgetting to credit him in the recording, but check out his stuff on SoundCloud!
May 6, 2019
The Eighth Fit
In this special crossover podcast episode we have a special guest! Nile from Raven on the Fly joins us to drink a whole lot of booze and record whatever comes to mind! Our topics include:
- #Not Jameson
- Syd gets refills (grabbing BOOZE)
- Why Nile says “Y’all”
- Beer Selection – don’t mix them together!
- Wait, more introductions
- Whiskey talk
- My father raised me on scotch!
- (Explicit Tag)
- Syd oversimplifies what whiskey is
- Hint – it isn’t Raisin Bran
- Or Grape Nuts
- Syd says “wheat” a lot and is wrong
- Constance tries to drive the patio
- Remembering dead celebrities with the Obituary Queen
- Richard Erdman (no one recognizes him)
- Talking about old TV shows
- Molloy’s Tavern – oh how we miss thee!
- Jury Duty
- Syd’s Jury Duty story
- First use of last name on the pod
- What? Coco isn’t 18?
- Coco’s Jury Duty story
- Double backhand of Nile and Syd!
- Syd explains when it is okay to get pulled over after getting a driver’s license
- Hooray for boobies. You know, the Bloodhound Gang
- Official Bullshit
- The history of SydVsCoco
- Portents of Death and we’re bumming Nile out
- Coco unclips the microphone
- Syd finally gets to the point of Peanut Butter and Beanie
- A discussion of the brand of peanut butter ensues
- Syd’s birthday plans
- Artificial echoes
- “Shut up, you have to tube!”
- Syd causes a ruckus and forms a band called “Suddenly Reclining”
- Tubing and pouring beer
- More booze
- Cheers, Seinfeld, The Goldbergs, Three’s Company, and so on…
- Sparge is like a village…
- Syd has nothing to say about bringing a guitar
- Except – Hippy Jam Bullshit!
- Back to talking about beers and how they won’t be around for the next time
- Syd gets a bit salty about forgetting his story
- Contact information
- Raven on the Fly: find it on YouTube
- Or check out Raven’s Wake on YouTube
- SydVsCoco: email@example.com
- We’re on Discord as well
- And a Slack channel
- Meanwhile Nile and Coco are starting a project calling Disco Cord
- But Syd can only play bass in the band
- We all get into copyright infringement area
- Then Coco just goes there!
- Nile finally gets to his questions
- And the point is that Syd hates everyone, so his expectations of everyone are lowered
- Syd gets overly boisterous about his weight
- Juju makes a very brief appearance
- There are some shout outs
- Red Pill Rebellion – let’s all say it together
- Check out some Juno’s Circus
- Argyle Smile
- Check out two songs, The Imposters and Big Top and report back with your thoughts
- Nile compliments the guest bathroom
- Syd grabs the reigns and wraps it up. Not very effectively of course, but still he does, possibly upsetting an entire group of people in the world because he was talking smack about Nile.
- No, wait, they’re still talking about other things
- Nile speaks multiple languages
- Okay, they're done!
Special thanks to Nile and Juno's Circus for the new and awesome theme music for our podcast!
April 2, 2019
Here it is! The long-awaited start of Season 2 of the Song Challenge! In this episode we introduce you all to the dark and spooky world of Goth Rock! We cover such important topics as:
- What Goth is NOT
- What songs are not cool
- Especially in a Round Table restaurant
- What Goth Rock is
- Who Goth Rock is
- A bit about some beer
- Syd's really lousy British accent
- An overview of the history of the Gothic music movement from its auspicious roots long, long ago
- A list of bands that are in and about the Goth Rock genre
- And a few bands that aren't
- And we recount a tale of going to a Christian Death concert several years ago
So tune in and enjoy! As always, you can send us comments on this episode via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are also on Discord, come join the conversation there. Search for SydVsCoco and you can find us.
Finally, this podcast is dedicated to the memory of our awesome Goth Dog who we lost in January of this year. He was a great pet and family member. And he will be missed. So if you're so inclined, thing of Haggis McGiffie as you're listening, because we definitely were.
February 26, 2019
Well, here it is! Finally...
After the long wait, everyone can finally hear the third installment of The Adventures of Peanut Butter and Beanie!
In this riveting episode, we get to hear all of the thrill and excitement of not one, but TWO MAJOR HOLIDAYS! Listen while Syd and Coco relay the intense feeling of spending Christmas Eve and New Years Eve with them! Hear the rush of their amazing, and jet-set lifestyle! Feel the exhilaration of the last moments of 2018!
Okay, who am I joking. This is just another silly installment of a few recordings we did over the holidays. It was a lot of fun and we got to have some friends and family join us while we recorded our life. I do apologize for the audio quality. it is very difficult to get a group of people sitting around my iPhone to sound consistent when I get to mixing. And there's only so much that digital editing can do. Still, it is a lot of fun to record these and share them with all six of you who listen in.
Be sure to send us questions via email at email@example.com and stay tuned because you never know when a new episode is going to drop next!
January 16, 2019
The much anticipated new episode is here! Better late than never...
In this episode we talk about it all:
- Gaming Resolution from 2018
- Coco's bike
- Interlude and entertainment
- Actual Plays with a bit of gushing about the Tabletop Twats podcast
- The Wild Die Podcast
- Molloy's Tavern
- Goth Rock
- We need a theme song...
- The Airplane App
- Haggis drinks ALL THE WATERS
- Follow up from last episode
- Sizzle Chest vs Chiseled Chest
- Winter in Montana
- Things to follow up for next time
- Making field recordings on the holidays
- Create and reveal our song lists for Season Two of the Song Challenge
- Contact us to come to our New Year's Eve party (hint, it is already over)
Send us your questions, comments, and praises: firstname.lastname@example.org